Sunday, September 19, 2010

PB & J

Is there anything as yummy as a peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwich? Oh, I don't know, maybe peanut butter and honey or peanut butter and apple butter. How about good old peanut butter and grape jelly? All of these options have been consumed by yours truly lately, and I say they are all simply delicious.

What's so great about a PB&J you say? Well, as a kid I thought it was fine. In high school, I started to notice a sensitivity to peanut butter that got so bad I found I had to avoid it completely. They say once you get your major *food allergies/sensitivities in check you can eat things that you couldn't eat before. Turns out they were right. Isn't that fun? Of course, since I can eat peanut butter, that also means that I can eat various and sundry candies containing peanut butter if they also happen to be gluten free. For the record, Reese's Peanut Butter cups and Snickers bars fit into this category. How I survived 15 years without eating these delectable morsels is beyond me.

*For those of you that don't know, I had to go gluten free three years ago. We discovered my girls did too. Poor Chris is the lone gluten consuming person in the house. He is hoping Kate will be normal like him. Of course, normal in our house is gluten free, so I guess he is hoping she will be abnormal like him.* :)

2 comments:

Emily said...

Um, when can I join your cooking blog? And, can I get the recipe for this post? It looks so delictible, my stomach's growling!

GoofyJ said...

So glad you can eat Reeses peanut butter cups! They are divine :-D In our Oregon ward we easily had 5-7 families that had to go gluten free. Needless to say, I learned a lot about gluten and gluten free cooking from friends. :-D