Saturday, June 26, 2010

Museum Fun

I love summer. I love it. The heat isn't the best thing ever, but my kids are home. I am one of those moms who can't seem to get enough of their kids. In the winter, I don't know who is more excited about snow days...the kids, or me. I just love having them around. So, summer time equals my kids home AND a more relaxed pace. Awesome. We can do what we want to , when we want to. In short, we can make our own schedule. So, we have a museum day, a library day, a zoo day, a chore day, a wii day, etc. There is a lot of fun to be had in the summer, and we are having it. =)

Kate is really loving having her sisters home. They are so good with her. This week we took Kate to a special part of the museum designed for crawlers. There is a little bar in front of a mirror so that babies can pull themselves up and look in the mirror. Kate LOVED this. It was a treat to watch. Morgan and Rachael had so much fun playing with her and watching her have fun. I had to document it with pictures. Enjoy.

Morgan helped Kate stand up here. She instantly smiled and thought this was great. Side note: I am in no way encouraging the standing up thing at home...The sooner she does this on her own, the sooner she is walking. Please don't think me a humbug. I fully support developmental milestones. It is just that once they are walking, it is significantly more work for the mom. Selfish, I know. The real issue here is that I am flying across the country in about a month, with three girls and no husband. I would really, really love for Kate to not be walking before the trip. Kate, you can walk as soon as we get home. =) In fact, you can start walking in AZ because Daddy will be flying home with us and I will have an extra pair of grown-up hands. Sorry all, I digress. Back to her Royal Cuteness...

So big and so proud of herself.

Here is a fun group shot. I love this one because you can see their reflections in the mirror. Two smiles for the price of one...

1 comment:

Jaci Twiss said...

What cute, cute girls!