Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Robe


This is Morgan's robe. It made me smile today and because it got moved to several different places today by Morgan, but not to her room where it actually goes. Not so funny right? No, it kinda was. Here is how the robe movements went down:

1.) Morgan got dressed downstairs instead of in her room where she usually does. She left her robe in the bathroom. Me: "Hey Morgan, could you put your robe away?" Morgan: "Sure Mom." She came in, got the robe, and I thought she went to put it away.

2.) I found it a little while later in the living room. Me: "Hey Morgan, didn't you say you would put this away earlier?" Morgan: "Oops. Sorry Mom. I'll put it away."

3.) A little while later I found it on the stairs. Me: "Morgan, your robe actually doesn't go on the stairs. Will you put it away." Morgan: "Sorry Mom."

4.) Several hours later, I found it folded up under my bed by my shoes. Me: "Morgan. Nice one, but this is totally NOT where your robe goes. Will you put this away please?" Morgan: Smiles. "Sorrrr-eeee. I will put it away Mom."

-I found this robe folded up on the table in the office after I put the girls to bed. I was about to get annoyed when I realized that this was kind of funny. I am sure that I did this as a kid. That is, had the best of intentions to put something away or do something and then got distracted. What am I talking about? I still do this sometimes...

As I thought about our day, I could see that while the placing of the robe on the stairs was a deliberate, "I will do it later" move, the others were simply a case of distraction. For example, I know that Rachael called her to play in the living room, to come and try on my shoes in my room, and to color in the office. Those thoughts in mind caused me to smile as I thought of my sweet 9 year-old's day, and prompted me to take a picture to remember the case of the moving robe.

*Side Note* I am a pile maker and a placer of things on the stairs to be taken up later. Can't really fault Morgan for putting something on the stairs to take up later when I do it myself... =)

1 comment:

Tamra said...

Cute! You're so patient. My second or third response would have been, "Miciah, if you don't put this away right now, I'll throw it away." ... I need to take lessons from you!