Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Solid Food

So, Kate wanted nothing to do with solid food. Or, so I thought. It turns out she wanted nothing to do with baby food, not solid food. We tried off and on for about two months with the mashed up goo. I was a little worried there for a while. She was 7 months old and not eating 'solid' foods yet. Then it dawned on me, 'Maybe she just wants what we are eating...' So, I tried a super soft noodle and viola! She was happy to be eating. It has been pretty simple to feed her. I just make sure that there is something soft and gummable included in our menu, and she is delighted to be eating. Here are some pictures taken of Kate with baby food, and Kate with soft table food. Notice the difference in expressions. =) ***(The picture quality on the second picture is bad because I had the camera on the wrong setting. Sorry.)***

Baby food. I am pretty sure this was peas. Sorry Kate. (She loves regular peas, just not the baby mush version...)

Soft table food. Much better. Really, can you blame her though? Soft, flavorless goo versus regular food that has texture and flavor. Hmmmmmm. Which would you rather eat? (P.S. Do you love Morgan and Rachael doing somersaults in the background? )

No comments: