Sunday, December 19, 2010

Mommy's Birthday!

My birthday was awesome this year. Chris had the entire weekend off, which is a rare, yet oh-so-wonderful occurrence. In addition to just being around, he planned some fun surprises for me. It was a really fun day. I felt loved and special. Thanks honey!

We spent the weekend in Indiana with both of our parents and Chris's sister Emily and her family. Chris's father was playing with the Indianapolis Symphony in their Christmas show, Yuletide. Nana stayed home with the napping babies while the rest of us went to the show. It was really great. In fact, this show is the real reason that we all gathered in Indiana on my birthday weekend. Celebrating my birthday together was just a bonus. Every December for the last 25 years, the Indianapolis Symphony has put on this Christmas show. Each year the theme changes, and occasionally, my father in law will be asked to perform with them. If you are even in Indianapolis in December, you should make time for this show. It is really great.

After the show, we went to PF Changs for dinner. I love PF Changs! They have a great gluten free menu, which makes eating out easy, like it is supposed to be. After dinner, we went home for cake and ice cream. Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory and Graeter's ice cream. -No, we did not count those calories. I am pretty sure that I cannot count that high...Yummmmm! Thanks to everyone for making my birthday special!

Chris, me, Rachael and Morgan in front of the massive Christmas tree at the symphony. (Kate was at home with Nana napping during the show.)

Jaron, Emily, Mikey and Spencer Sullivan. (Little Trevor is not pictured. He was at home with Kate during the show.) They traveled all the way from Iowa for the weekend visit. It is always such a treat to spend time with the Sullivan clan. Em and Jaron pretty much rock, as do their three adorable boys. (Obviously I had to include this picture in the post.)

Me and Kate at PF Changs. -Not the best ever picture of us as she is more interested in her dinner than the camera. However, I had to include a picture with her in it since she was not in the first one and this was our best option.

The cheesecake, oh, the cheesecake. Mmmmmmmmm. Thank you Cheesecake Factory for making this cheesecake gluten free. I think I love you.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Hey! Did you know PF Changs has a gluten free menu? :) I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It was fun talking to you today. Even if it was only for a few minutes. We sure miss you guys.

Kim said...

Oh . . . and one more funny thing . . . Aaron had a homemade Godiva Chocolate cheesecake for his birthday on the same day! How ironic is that? (thanks to melskitchencafe)

Deanna said...

Kim- I think that I had heard somewhere that PF Changs does have a GF menu. :) You used to have to request it; now it is right there on the back of the regular menu. How cool is that? Also, how cool is it that we were eating the SAME cheesecake on the very same day? It is sort of like that year that we had dinner at your house on the 18th, and you made that yummy apple pie...So fun to chat with you. We should do it again soon!