Thursday, October 28, 2010

Beleated Birthday Celebration

Opa and Nana (Chris's parents) came to visit and to celebrate Chris and Kate's birthdays a little late. We left the older girls with friends and went out to dinner. Four adults and one sweet baby Kate. It was so fun! Not only did we get to eat out at one of my favorite places, The Cheesecake Factory, but we got to have real live adult conversation. Uninterrupted. (Well, mostly uninterrupted. We still had Kate, but she is really low maintenance, so it felt uninterrupted.)

Chris had to work on Sunday, but Opa and Nana stayed and spent the day with me and the girls. We had a delightful time, and they had a nice little break from work and all of the extras that they do at home. (Chris is a bit of an overachiever, and he comes by it naturally...) We snapped some really great shots of Morgan and Rachael with their grandparents. (Kate was already in bed.)

Opa and Morgan.

Nana and Morgan.

Opa and Rachael.

Nana and Rachael.

*It is also noteworthy to mention that while they were here, Opa scrubbed my stove top. (I have an old school electric stove with the coils and the metal bowls underneath said coils.) I do not like my stove and would much rather have a gas stove, or even a flat cook top electric stove, but this stove does the job. Furthermore, there are other things on the "Items to Replace" list before the stove. Anyway, I don't clean the bowls as much as I should. Dad noticed that they were in need (desperate need) of some elbow grease, and he used his elbows for about 20 minutes. Thanks Dad for leaving my kitchen better than you found it.*

No comments: