Sunday, January 30, 2011

Morgan's 10th Birthday

Morgan's birthday was 'A great decade birthday.' (Her words, not mine.) I woke her up for the traditional breakfast in bed. This year, she chose baked oatmeal with raspberries, scrambled eggs, and orange juice. After breakfast, it was off to school. (It was a good thing that she had school that day...it gave me time to finish getting ready for the festivities of the evening. In my defense, I would have been more on the ball if I had not had sick children for most of the week...) While the girls were at school, I tidied, wrapped presents and prepared food. That night, my parents and grandmother came into town for the party. Morgan chose cheese fondue for dinner and chocolate fondue for dessert. It was delicious. Thanks to the Blackham Family for the great recipes.

Good Morning Mary-Sunshine! Here is Morgan with her breakfast in bed. -This was about the 6th picture I took that morning. Every other one had varying degrees of eye closure. When I commented that she kept closing her eyes, she said, "Sorry. It's hard to open my eyes right after I wake up." True. I had literally just woken her up and shoved the camera in her face. I wonder how many more years I will be able to get away with that...

So, it's not all about the presents, but on your birthday, it kinda is. Especially when you are a kid. I had fun wrapping them this year. 10 was the year of polka-dots.

Morgan showing off a gift that came in the mail from AZ. It arrived that afternoon as I was wrapping the presents. I had to wrap it to match the others...Thanks Aunt Amy, Uncle Brian, Hailey, Ian, Jenny and Bridget for thinking of Morgan on her big day! I especially like this picture because Morgan is clearly so excited about her birthday and her presents, and everyone else is totally into the fondue. It was really yummy...

Rachael and Grandpa. Too cute. Had to include it.

Here is Morgan with her main gift for her birthday. It is an American Girl Doll Bitty Baby. Yes, she did just turn 10. I LOVE that she asked for a baby doll. I think it means that she is not growing up too fast. I know that the requests for gifts are going to change to older things all too soon. Anyway, she has another lovely American Girl doll, Elizabeth. However, she and Rachael are constantly playing house with babies. Morgan got her baby doll when she was 2, so she really wanted a new one. We figured that since she was older, we should get her a really nice one. Notice Kate's expression. When Morgan opened this doll, Kate squealed with delight and crawled across the room at full speed. Kate received a baby doll for Christmas, but not a doll like this one...Anyway, as soon as Morgan opened her doll, Kate had to hold it. She now wants nothing to do with her doll whenever this doll is around. Rachael has asked for a doll like this for her birthday. I think that Kate will need one too. Better yet, Rachael and Morgan need for Kate to have one so that they can play with their dolls... (If you had seen Kate's expression and delight with this doll, you would agree with me 100%, and would not think that I am spoiling her in the least. Honest.)

2 comments:

amy said...

We are so glad Morgan had such a great birthday! We only wish we could have been there to celebrate with you guys! Love ya!

Tamra said...

Morgan is so grown-up. And I love that she's still just a delightful girl who is nice and kind and loves baby dolls and playing with her sisters. :)

I'm waiting for the year when the B-day request is a cell phone or laptop. I'm already prepared with my "not in a million years" answer.